Introduction to GIS/GPS ENS 211
This course will teach students to use Geographical Information System software and Global Position System (GPS) technology. Students will learn to collect waypoints using GPS technology and will download the waypoint data onto GIS mapping software. Students will develop maps and enter attribute data to correspond to maps that are created. This course will serve as a thorough introduction to GIS software and GPS technology.
Correlated Learning Outcomes
- IT. 5. Identify basic components of an end-user IT system.
- IT. 6. Implement a hardware and software configuration responsive to an identified scenario.
- IT. 18. Differentiate among a variety of technology-based sensory interactions.
- IT. 19. Differentiate among data types, data transfer protocols and file characteristics specific to the targeted use.
- IT. 42. Use communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills as a member of a diverse team.
- IT. 44. Produce technical documentation responsive to an identified computing scenario
- IT. 46. Discuss significant trends and emerging technologies and their impact on global society.