Networking Fundamentals II CIS 165
This course focuses on the following: initial router configuration, Cisco IOS software management, routing protocol configuration, TCP/IP, and Access control lists (ACLs). Students will develop skills in configuring a router, managing Cisco IOS Software, configuring routing protocols, and creating access lists that control access to a router. The second of four courses leading to the Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA) certification.
Correlated Learning Outcomes
- IT. 1. Carry out trouble-shooting strategies for resolving an identified end-user IT problem.
- IT. 2. Differentiate among various operating systems.
- IT. 3. Explain the process of authentication and authorization between end-user devices and computing network resources.
- IT. 6. Implement a hardware and software configuration responsive to an identified scenario.
- IT. 8. Summarize strategies to support or train users with their IT resources.
- IT. 22. Carry out basic computer network troubleshooting techniques.
- IT. 23. Describe the layers, protocols and components of the OSI model.
- IT. 25. Differentiate among various computer networking models.
- IT. 26. Differentiate among various techniques for making a computer network secure.
- IT. 27. Summarize the flow of data through a computer network scenario.
- IT. 35. Differentiate among strategies for business continuity provisioning of IT resources at the enterprise level.
- IT. 36. Discuss data governance and its implications for users as well as IT professionals.
- IT. 37. Identify a variety of enterprise-level digital storage technologies.
- IT. 42. Use communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills as a member of a diverse team.
- IT. 43. Describe the attitudes, knowledge and abilities associated with quality customer service.
- IT. 44. Produce technical documentation responsive to an identified computing scenario
- IT. 45. Use documentation or a knowledge base to resolve a technical challenge in an identified computing scenario.
- IT. 46. Discuss significant trends and emerging technologies and their impact on global society.
- IT. 47. Demonstrate professional behavior in response to an ethically-challenging scenario in computing.
- IT. 48. Summarize the tenets of ethics and professional behavior promoted by international computing societies.
- IT. 49. Describe IT procurement processes for goods and services.
- IT. 50. Summarize the role of IT in supporting the mission and goals of an organization.