Microcomputer Hardware I CIS 128
Students learn the functionality of hardware and software components as well as suggested best practices in maintenance and safety issues. The students, through hands-on activities and labs, will learn to assemble and configure a computer, install operating systems and software, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems. In addition, an introduction to networking is included with this course. This course helps students prepare for CompTIA's A+ certification.
Correlated Learning Outcomes
- IT. 1. Carry out trouble-shooting strategies for resolving an identified end-user IT problem.
- IT. 4. Identify a variety of assistive or adaptive technologies and universal design considerations.
- IT. 5. Identify basic components of an end-user IT system.
- IT. 7. Summarize life-cycle strategies for replacement, reuse, recycling IT technology and resources.
- IT. 37. Identify a variety of enterprise-level digital storage technologies.
- IT. 42. Use communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills as a member of a diverse team.
- IT. 43. Describe the attitudes, knowledge and abilities associated with quality customer service.
- IT. 44. Produce technical documentation responsive to an identified computing scenario
- IT. 45. Use documentation or a knowledge base to resolve a technical challenge in an identified computing scenario.