Networking Fundamentals I CIS 164
This course focuses on the following: network terminology and protocols, Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), Open System Interconnection (OSI) models, cabling, cabling tools, routers, router programming, Ethernet, Internet Protocol (IP) addressing, network standards. This is the first of four courses leading to the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications.
Correlated Learning Outcomes
- IT. 1. Carry out trouble-shooting strategies for resolving an identified end-user IT problem.
- IT. 6. Implement a hardware and software configuration responsive to an identified scenario.
- IT. 22. Carry out basic computer network troubleshooting techniques.
- IT. 23. Describe the layers, protocols and components of the OSI model.
- IT. 25. Differentiate among various computer networking models.
- IT. 45. Use documentation or a knowledge base to resolve a technical challenge in an identified computing scenario.