Help Desk Support Practices ITS 224
ITS 224 introduces the Information Technology student to the key concepts and skills of Help Desk operation. Students will study what a Help Desk is, characteristics of its users, common problems, and tools. Students will learn about how a Help Desk fits into an organization’s structure and mission. Students will learn about the protocol and processing of incidents, and the different support levels and methods. Students will learn about knowledge, asset and security management and how important these are to an organization’s integrity. Students will have opportunities to both study and practice Help Desk operations in a controlled setting.
Correlated Learning Outcomes
- IT. 1. Carry out trouble-shooting strategies for resolving an identified end-user IT problem.
- IT. 2. Differentiate among various operating systems.
- IT. 6. Implement a hardware and software configuration responsive to an identified scenario.
- IT. 8. Summarize strategies to support or train users with their IT resources.
- IT. 9. Use a variety of practices for making end-user IT systems secure.
- IT. 43. Describe the attitudes, knowledge and abilities associated with quality customer service.
- IT. 44. Produce technical documentation responsive to an identified computing scenario
- IT. 45. Use documentation or a knowledge base to resolve a technical challenge in an identified computing scenario.