Business PC System Maintenance, Support and OS Installation ITS 144
ITS 144 provides PC operating system and hardware concepts and hands-on activities relating to the following topics: PC computer architecture, operating system theory, current PC operating systems, hard drive formatting and partitioning, operating system installation and upgrading, peripheral device drivers, network connectivity, resource sharing over a network, construction, installation, upgrading, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software components of microcomputer systems. Course will cover specification, selection, installation and configuration of hardware components including memory, floppy disk drives, microprocessors, hard drives, DVDs/CDs and DVD/CD-writers, video cards, NIC cards, sound cards, monitors and printers as related to a business environment.
Correlated Learning Outcomes
- IT. 1. Carry out trouble-shooting strategies for resolving an identified end-user IT problem.
- IT. 2. Differentiate among various operating systems.
- IT. 6. Implement a hardware and software configuration responsive to an identified scenario.
- IT. 7. Summarize life-cycle strategies for replacement, reuse, recycling IT technology and resources.
- IT. 9. Use a variety of practices for making end-user IT systems secure.