Database Administration I ITS 149AD
ITS 149AD is designed to give students a firm foundation in basic database administration. In this class, students learn how to install and maintain a database server. They will gain a conceptual understanding of database server architecture and how its components work and interact with one another. They will also learn how to create an operational database and properly manage the various structures in an effective and efficient manner including performance monitoring, database security, user management, and backup/recovery techniques.
Correlated Learning Outcomes
- IT. 10. Describe the data management activities associated with the data lifecycle.
- IT. 12. Differentiate between public and private data.
- IT. 15. Identify database administration tasks.
- IT. 17. Use data analytics to support decision making for a given scenario.
- IT. 38. Implement an application of virtualization.