Relational Database Technology AD 350
Covers intermediate programming in a relational database. Provides an introduction to non-relational databases as used in Cloud Computing and Big Data. The RDMS topics include stored procedures, triggers, indexing and abstraction techniques, query construct efficiency. Compare and contrast RDMS to noSQL databases: uses, terminology, indexing, storage, compute consumption, ROI, reliability. Program entry.
Correlated Learning Outcomes
- IT. 11. Diagram a database design based on an identified scenario.
- IT. 16. Produce simple database queries.
- IT. 17. Use data analytics to support decision making for a given scenario.
- IT. 23. Describe the layers, protocols and components of the OSI model.
- IT. 40. Summarize the implications of various cloud computing models.