Linux Operating System CIS126DL
Introduction to the Linux Operating system. Develop knowledge and skills required to install, configure and troubleshoot a Linux-based workstation including basic network functions. Learn basic command line and Graphical User Interface (GUI) desktop environment utilities and applications. Fundamental abilities to achieve the entry-level industry certification covered
Correlated Learning Outcomes
- IT. 1. Carry out trouble-shooting strategies for resolving an identified end-user IT problem.
- IT. 2. Differentiate among various operating systems.
- IT. 3. Explain the process of authentication and authorization between end-user devices and computing network resources.
- IT. 5. Identify basic components of an end-user IT system.
- IT. 6. Implement a hardware and software configuration responsive to an identified scenario.
- IT. 9. Use a variety of practices for making end-user IT systems secure.
- IT. 19. Differentiate among data types, data transfer protocols and file characteristics specific to the targeted use.
- IT. 26. Differentiate among various techniques for making a computer network secure.
- IT. 34. Use a programming or a scripting language to solve a problem.
- IT. 45. Use documentation or a knowledge base to resolve a technical challenge in an identified computing scenario.
- IT. 46. Discuss significant trends and emerging technologies and their impact on global society.