Information Technology - Transfer
The ACM CCECC, at the direction of the ACM Education Board, convened a task force of subject matter faculty experts from both two-year and four-year IT programs to define the set of competencies that should be taught in a two-year IT program which prepares students for transfer to a baccalaureate IT program. The IT-Transfer2020 report, which was finalized and approved in May 2020, closely aligns with Information Technology Curricula 2017: Curriculum Guidelines for Baccalaureate Degree Programs in Information Technology (IT2017) and includes both essential and supplemental IT competencies that students should achieve prior to transfer.
IT-Transfer2020 is also available in the ACM Digital Library.
Task Group Members
- Markus Geissler (chair), Cosumnes River College, USA
- Dana Brown, Bluegrass Community & Technical College, USA
- Norma McKenzie, El Paso Community College, USA
- Svetlana Peltsverger, Kennesaw State University, USA
- Tim Preuss, Minnesota State Community and Technical College - Moorhead, USA
- Mihaela Sabin, University of New Hampshire, USA
- Cara Tang, Portland Community College, USA