Security Fundamentals CIT 180
Introduces basic computer and network security concepts and methodologies. Covers principles of security; compliance and operational security; threats and vulnerabilities; network security; application, data, and host security; access control and identity management; and cryptography.
Correlated Learning Outcomes
- IT. 3. Explain the process of authentication and authorization between end-user devices and computing network resources.
- IT. 9. Use a variety of practices for making end-user IT systems secure.
- IT. 26. Differentiate among various techniques for making a computer network secure.
- IT. 35. Differentiate among strategies for business continuity provisioning of IT resources at the enterprise level.
- IT. 39. Modify a system to improve data confidentiality or regulatory compliance.
- IT. 41. Summarize the security implications and risks for distributed IT systems.