Computer Hardware and Software CIT 111
Presents a practical view of computer hardware and client operating systems. Covers computer hardware components; troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance; operating system interfaces and management tools; networking components; computer security; and operational procedures.
Correlated Learning Outcomes
- IT. 1. Carry out trouble-shooting strategies for resolving an identified end-user IT problem.
- IT. 2. Differentiate among various operating systems.
- IT. 5. Identify basic components of an end-user IT system.
- IT. 6. Implement a hardware and software configuration responsive to an identified scenario.
- IT. 8. Summarize strategies to support or train users with their IT resources.
- IT. 9. Use a variety of practices for making end-user IT systems secure.
- IT. 12. Differentiate between public and private data.
- IT. 22. Carry out basic computer network troubleshooting techniques.
- IT. 26. Differentiate among various techniques for making a computer network secure.
- IT. 38. Implement an application of virtualization.
- IT. 39. Modify a system to improve data confidentiality or regulatory compliance.
- IT. 43. Describe the attitudes, knowledge and abilities associated with quality customer service.
- IT. 47. Demonstrate professional behavior in response to an ethically-challenging scenario in computing.